james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I need some lawyers help to issue a non molestation order

Customer Question

Hi I need some lawyers help to issue a non molestation order against my wife. We share the same house and the relationship has suffered a terrible strain. She calls ‘prostitute f**ker’ in front of my children and other horrendous insults.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Middlesex/Haringey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If you are in a domestic situation that is toxic etc, then you can indeed apply to the court for a non molestation order.

The application can be made on line. https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi James,
thanks so much for your assistance. Can you please help me represent me in court? Thanks
Expert:  james bruce replied 11 days ago.

Very sorry, I would not be able to assist you in court.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website. www.lawsociety.org.uk

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.