How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2932
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I need some advice on a child matter (discharge of care )

Customer Question

I need some advice on a child matter (discharge of care ) I'm currently representing myself and I was doing ok but I'm finding it way to overwhelming
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes I have filled my 1st statement had my 1st hearing in feb
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Local authority now want to cease contact With no valid reason A part 25 application
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have asked for
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today. I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible. I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry to hear about the situation. The obvious first choice is to instruct a solicitor however if you are unable to do that then you could look at what is called a MacKenzie friend. They will provide representation to you, although the volunteers are not legally qualified they do know what they are doing and can be extremely helpful. Alternatively, you could also speak to law schools as sometimes the students are allowed to assist with matters supervised by their lecturers. However, again you will have to appreciate the students would not be legally qualified.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.