How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3760
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My rights after 5 years separated from husb

Customer Question

My rights after 5 years separated from husb
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hanks he’s still the family my name is ***** ***** feeds of the house I want to get a divorce but we didn’t decl are marriage cause he didn’t want to were do I stand
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Nope not paying out any money again
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

If you have been formally separated form your husband for 5 years, then you are able to divorce without his consent.

To divorce in England the following need to apply;

You can get divorced in England or Wales if all of the following are true:

  • you’ve been married for over a year
  • your relationship has permanently broken down
  • your marriage is legally recognised in the UK (including same-sex marriage)
  • the UK is your permanent home, or the permanent home of your husband or wife

You can start the process for divorce online using the following link.