plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My last hearing was on 11th feb but still i have not

My last hearing was on 11th feb but still i have not recieved court order... i called court and they said order not drawn yet....
Is it not late

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Unfortunately the delay is not unusual.

The courts are very behind in terms of processing orders and providing copies to litigants.

In some cases it has taken up to 2 months for sealed copies of orders to arrive.

If you need a sealed copy of the order urgently, then make this request to the court - it may be possible to be moved up the pile slightly.

Otherwise, its a case of just waiting patiently for the system to catch up with itself.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court!

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For PLCLEGAL only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Take care and stay safe.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In my last hearing there ll be a witness to support my case ref to my child caseBut now im double minded about outcome of tht witness bcz of cross examSo if i dont submit his statementWhat would b court reaction as next hearing is FFH

The witness can refuse to answer questions that do not relate to their statement, of course.

Or you can submit the statement but not call the witness. The evidence will still be taken into account even if the witness is not called, but it will have a little less weight than if the witness had confirmed the contents in person.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it me who gas to decide about call or court

You can decide whether you intend to call the witness, yes.

They can also refuse to attend, of course.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Im sorry i took too much of ur time in this thread...last oneDoes he has to mention in his statement tht he cant attend or once he gets court notice to attend then he can refuse or make excuse of not availability

No problem at all, I'm happy to assist.

He does not need to say whether he will attend or not. The other side may not need to challenge the statement in which case he would not be called in any event. Only evidence that is going to be challenged would require a witness to attend court. So if he says nothing controversial, he won't need to atttend.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks indeed

My pleasure. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter