How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7885
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have a problem with husband. We are in divorce process,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem with husband. We are in divorce process, but we still doesn’t got agree nisi but I am ready to buy my own property and lawyer of my husband to make a separation agreement but he doesn’t sign in last minute.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: he filed 2 times and court said doesn’t see reason because his reason “ I don’t feel nothing to him
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Harrow
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he abuse me with that from May 19, 2021
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Good evening and thank you for requesting help with your legal issue, I am happy to assist. The moderators alerted me to your request for help. I am a family law barrister and will be able to assist you.

I will not be able to respond in full this evening, as I have already finished work for the day. I hope that you don't mind waiting for a response until the morning, when you will have my full attention.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

Thanks for your understanding, Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

The issue with a separation agreement is that it is not necessarily legally binding, even if signed by both of you. The only final, legal solution is a financial order from the court.

It appears from your question that you have the decree nisi already.

This means that you can apply for the financial order. You have to attend mediation first, as it's a legal requirement. You can find a mediation service with the link here:

Once you have tried this, if you reach agreement you can submit the consent order to the court.If you don't agree, you make the financial application for the court to decide.

Either way, you make the application on the form A, here:

There's a really helpful guide to this process in the PDF link here:

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 12 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter