How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7872
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I wish to appeal against a report regarding my

Customer Question

I wish to appeal against a report regarding my granddaughter, the report is coramBAAF, my case number ***** *****
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No my daughter abd her partner have separate solicitors and i had someone called the GAURDIAN around, she seemed ok but the person from bury council has filed a negative assessment on me, saying i can't look after in the future! I've had my granddaughter 3 months now with no concerns and I've got the hardest time, she's 18 months
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No, I've only just realised the date so I can appeal just in time! Her dad's solicitor said i didn't need one but i think better safe than sorry!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The police have dropped all the charges as far as I'm aware
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Good evening and thank you for requesting help with your legal issue, I am happy to assist. The moderators alerted me to your request for help. I am a family law barrister and will be able to assist you.

I will not be able to respond in full this evening, as I have already finished work for the day. I hope that you don't mind waiting for a response until the morning, when you will have my full attention.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

Thanks for your understanding, Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

You have the right to challenge the report and you can do so in court. Given that the outcome affects the long term prospects for your granddaughter any mistakes or misconceptions in the assessment need to be challenged. You don't necessarily need a solicitor though. However, if you apply to the court to be joined as a party to the proceedings for the purpose of challenging the report, you may be entitled to legal aid as a result. Or, as this is a standalone application, you may be better off instructing a barrister to act for you directly to make this application and challenge the report - this will most likely cost less than paying privately for a solicitor if I am honest. You can find a barrister with the link here:

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter