How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7868
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have baby with severe brain damage and the council give me

Customer Question

Hi i have baby with severe brain damage and the council give me the social worker which is student she give me more stress and she is not helpful at all.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Is is posible to give me student with no supervision without my permission or agreement
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am leaving at Waltham Forest
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have plan for my children which they did by them self no body contact me they didn’t do any assessment and i didn't receive nothing for this plan everything is on the paper only
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
When we was in the hospital in the discharge meeting they give me 9 hour per week carer which need to come every Tuesday and Friday for 4.5 hour and they told me that they will do deep assessments when i am at home. they finish the assessments without contacting me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
From 07.02.2021 i am without career because she gets Covid 19 and i refuse to have career with positive test as me and my baby we are vulnerable
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I ask for suport as i am physically and mentally down i run out of money and i have debt but the social worker (student) refuse me .I dont have time to take shower even because my baby is not swallowing she is feeding tru NG tube with pump, she have severe reflux and she is choking and the milk is going in her lung she need 24/7 monitoring and regular suction. The dady is working and we are in process to separate.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The social worker is not able to help me with any form for financial side.She is visiting us once by herself and i don't think that the student is able to understand what is going on and that my baby is not safe with my condition at the moment.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did they need to ask me for permission to work with students?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am happy to wait
Thank you very much
Expert:  plclegal replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please also bear in mind that as it is not a normal working day responses may be slightly slower than usual.

Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for your patience. There's nothing to say that you need to give express permission to work with a student worker as opposed to one with many years of experience.

However, the student worker should be supervised by a line manager and team manager. They should also have signed off any plans that the student worker has drawn up or proposed. If you are unhappy with the service that you are getting then escalate the matter to the line manager or team manager and ask that either the plan is reformulated with input from more senior practitioners or that you are perhaps allocated a more experienced social worker to work with. They should at least give your request due consideration. If the outcome of this is no change and you are unhappy with this, then you can look at the formal complaints procedure which will be available either on their website or by request if you ask for it.

I hope that this helps.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court!

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For PLCLEGAL only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much
Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Happy to help. Take care.

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter