ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I would like some advice from a barrister. My ex-husband was

Customer Question

I would like some advice from a barrister. My ex-husband was ordered to take out a policy for my benefit 22 years following the decree absolute (pre pension sharing). He was meant to take out a full cost endowment but took out a low cost mortgage endowment. As such the proceeds are much less.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have engaged a solicitor but she has missed important detail. I am considering making an application to court as negotiation has stalled.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: norwich, norfolk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to speak to a barrister with some knowledge of endowment policies and interpretation of court orders please this is important to me
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please keep looking.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I suspect the difficult you may be having with respect to this is in relation to the requirement of the particular order. How successful you will be will rests largely on whether the order was specific in its requirement for him to have set up a particular type of policy. For example, did the court specifically say what type of endowment policy to set up, and did he fail to set that up. If the court order was not specific, you may find that you may struggle in a claim against him.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.