james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

With matter at court what can I do with being charged as not

With matter at court what can I do with being charged as not guilty of the crime.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can you please tell me the exact offence for which you have been charged to court?

Can you please confirm the charge to allow me to advise fully?

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.
As you have not stated the offence I cannot advice on that specific offence or possible outcome. But the actual court process I can.

When you first appear in court, it will be in the magistrates court. You would then be asked to enter a pleas of guilty or not guilty. You indicate here that you are not guilty so that would be the plea you would enter at court.

Next the court would decide where your trial will take place. This would depend on the charge and seriousness of the offence you have been charged with.

The trial could take place at magistrates court or again depending on the charge be sent to crown court for trial by jury

If you have not already, I would advice seeking and instructing a criminal defence solicitor to represent you. The link here will help you find one. Enter your post code and select crime, then a list of local firms will appear.

https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk

I hope this helps you understand what happens.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.