How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4339
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I REALLY NEED SOME ADVICCE. This might be the last resort i

Customer Question

hi i REALLY NEED SOME ADVICCE. This might be the last resort i can come to
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: making sure bills are paid. a lawyer friend helped me deal with the divorce and we got to the last bit but she is too busy to complete the process for me. My ex refused to leave the flat because it's in joint mortgage yet he hasn't been paying towards mortgage or any bils
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have spoken to him in everyday but its like i am talking to a gal. he completely despises what i say and doesn't take me serious yet the council and other people come demanding for their money and he doesn't seem to give a damn
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Can you tell me what advice you need about this situation please?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That means it was useless me getting a trial here.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 12 days ago.

Can you tell me what advice you need about this situation please?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 12 days ago.

If you are asking about a financial settlement for divorce, the best time to do this would be after the decree nisi has been granted and before the decree absolute.

Unless you meet an exemption you have to attend a mediation session first, but if that doesn't work or the spouse won't engage, then you can apply to court using FORM A.

You may also wish to consider applying for benefits in the interim if you have no work or income. See to see what if anything you can claim.