ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Firstly am I paying for this service? Croydon surrey, None,

Customer Question

Firstly am I paying for this service?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Croydon surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I received a letter from HM Courts and Tribunal service. I am on benefits My husband has applied for divorce. I am not objecting to that, although the dates were wrong and he left me for someone and been having an affair. He has a BT pension which he cashed it a few years back and up until 31st October he was giving me half. I have been told that I am entitled to half of this, is this the case and if so how do I go about claim it ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have little money. Recently I was in hospital and had my left leg removed and trying to come to terms with this.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am prepared to wait for the right help, I have to reply to the courts within 7 days which will be Wednesday. Thank you
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

Yes you would be entitled to a portion of his pension. You would also be entitled to a portion of any assets acquired during the marriage. This is however something you would have to apply for. If you are both in agreement about this you may file for an order by consent, if you cannot agree then you would have to apply to the court for the court to decide how much you are entitled to. You may do this by clicking on the below link:

https://www.gov.uk/money-property-when-relationship-ends/apply-for-consent-order

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.