ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My son is 23 turning 24 in august. in 2015 I was told to

Customer Question

My son is 23 turning 24 in august. in 2015 I was told to sign him up for diability premiums and income support at Universal credit, I went there, signed him up, and for the last 6 years I am fighting the gov, never received a penny of support,, I am not working , looking after him 24/7,, he should be getting income support and disability preiums, in the range of £150 once his enhanced child tax credit of £156 a week runs out , we were told in 2015,, Not a penny since, and we are struggling now
JA: What steps has your son taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, I am acting on his behalf,, but no court papers filed ,, not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your son live in?
Customer: Coulsdon Surrey
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That is it madam,, I think
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I can wait
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

I am sorry to hear what has been happening. There is a set procedure to take in terms of challenging the decision not to award hi benefits. If you do not follow this procedure it is likely that you will just be pulled in circles. You must ask for a formal decision to be given re the decision and then ask for a mandatory review of the decision if rejected. If after youve asked for a mandatory review you are still refused then you would have to appeal the decision. I recommend perhaps speaking to someone at your local citizens advice bureau first just to see exactly where in the process you are. Thereafter you may know what is the appropriate next step to take.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
This is a fraud a waste of time and money, utterly useless, its a scam mot a legal service, a fraud
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What legal practise will call 2 am sunday morning? U r a scam, a fraud
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 14 days ago.

You must not be too quick to judge. The purpose of the site is to offer persons assistance irrespective of the time of day. If it is there is something which I have said that you are not in agreement with, then I welcome your feedback or questions asking for clarity. The fact that someone is here to help you is not in my view a reason to say you are being scammed. You may have received an automated prompt for a call, you may ignore it. I am also not available for calls.

Notwithstanding your scepticism, I hope you have taken away from this that I suspect you are having knock backs because you are not following the correct procedure. I recommend therefore that you contact your local citizens advice bureau and query what is the procedure for asking for a review of a decision to review benefits. You will find that the procedure mirrors what I have said above.

Best wishes and all the best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Buzz off or I call the police i had blocked u