How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4358
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My ex who I am still married to has taken my youngest

Customer Question

My ex who I am still married to has taken my youngest daughter and is trying to collect the older two children from school and using my mental health as a reason but he is the one that has caused it he isn't stable minded and my middle child wants her sister back home can I get legal aid?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No as he has taken my youngest daughter today without consent
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I called the police and have said if she isn't home by 7 to call them and apparently they said that he can keep Ayla long as he sorts schools and clothes out for her but that is what he has said to his sister
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want my daughter home and safe with me
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Are there any court orders in place for the children? How old are the kids?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There isn't any court orders in place but I tried and now he's done this by making me feel I can't cope etc then trying to get me to admit myself to ***** ***** hospital I am not suicidal just feel worthless but I'm getting help I last knew about him being at*****where there is no heating or hot water or her own bed where his bed bound nan lives and he isn't supposed to be there just his dad and nan the house is having the central heating done so it's not a safe place to be.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 15 days ago.

If there are no current orders in place you will need to apply to the court for a specific issues order for the father to return the child to your care. You can do so on form C100 - it will be an urgent application. Cost is £215, but if you are on benefits/low income, complete form EX160 for fee remission.

The court will decide after hearing from both of you and doing background checks what to do next. The police are unlikely to assist as there are no current court orders in place.

C100 form:

EX160 form: