MarianC
MarianC,
Experience:  Expert
109551472

My partner Eunice Bowkett has just gone in to residential

Customer Question

Hi,my partner Eunice Bowkett has just gone in to residential care.
JA: What steps has your partner taken? Have they filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Hi, my partner Mrs Eunice has just gone in to residential care and I wish to register her for online banking using her Santander account to pay for her care. As I don't have power of attorney I am having dificulty doing this
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: Her address is 10 Stanhope Crescent Stoke Bardolph Nottingham NG145HT
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I haven't done anything as yet
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Unless you have access to her account and you can pretend to be her, you cannot deal with her bank account. If she does not have capacity to appoint an Attorney then your only option is to apply to the Court of Protection for a Deputyship Order.

Marian

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you I will try to do that
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Usually you would ask a solicitor to help you but if not you can look up the information at

https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/apply-deputy

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Not at this time thank you.
Expert:  MarianC replied 14 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** good weekend.