plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My 14 year old grand daughter wishes to come and live with

Good afternoon, my 14 year old grand daughter wishes to come and live with me. Her parents are in agreement. My son, her father, live in Abu Dhabi with his wife and young children, her mother lives in South Africa with her husband and her small children. Do they or I have to go to court to get formal parental responsibility?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No, just a document that both have sign and got stamped with an Apostille stamp as I live in the Canary Islands and was told by a Spanish lawyer that that was enough to be able to register her with the local school and get a national ID number
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: I'm sorry your question doesn't make sense
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Only that we all live in different countries so its complicated

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please also bear in mind that as it is not a normal working day responses may be slightly slower than usual.

If all parties are in agreement, then you should not have to go to court to achieve delegated parental responsibility.

The signed document that you have should suffice.

In reality if there are big decisions to make then you would of course consult with her parents, and as such there should not be the need to litigate over the issue.

I hope that this helps.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court!

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For PLCLEGAL only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Take care and stay safe.

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter