JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I need some advice about my rights a father with regard to

Customer Question

I need some advice about my rights a father with regard to access and visitation, being part of the decision making process for them etc. My ex is being very difficult, has moved away and has made abuse allegations. I don't know what to do.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No. I have attempted to arrange things privately between the two of us. I have also tried to get her to have her family members join the discussion as mediators so that it is not biased from anything on my side of the family
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Northamptonshire, they were born here, I am on the birth certificate. She has moved to Lincolnshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know. I am willing to answer any questions
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 14 days ago.
Good afternoon and thank you for your question. I'm Jeremy, a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. I'm sorry to hear how difficult your ex has been, however, I'd be happy to offer some guidance. Firstly, how old are your children? Secondly, how far away has she moved to? Thanks, J
The actual distance between you in Northampton and her in Lincolnshire?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The twins are just under 8 months old. My ex has moved about 1hr and 10 mins away.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
49 miles
Please bear with me as I'm currently out and about and may not be able to answer straight away. Out of interest, have you and your ex actually considered proper mediation with a professional mediator rather than somebody from her family?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is going to be the next option, she seems to believe that I will have to pay for all the mediation and she will not
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is the next step to take, and part of tbe reason I have been in contact here. I want to make sure that the things I want are fair and reasonable and above all else in tbe best interests of my children.
Good evening and my apologies for the delayed reply. Weekends can be a little more difficult for me to respond quite as promptly as I would during the week due to personal commitments so I'm grateful for your patience. I will get back to you tomorrow. Kind regards, J