ChrisB4147
ChrisB4147,
Experience:  Expert
112350272

I hv FFH on 17th and 18th june in person.... But solicitor i

I hv FFH on 17th and 18th june in person....But solicitor i can afford is busy on thise dates... can i ask court to change dates

Hi, thanks for the question.  I’m Chris and I’m a Solicitor in litigation/family matters. I will be happy to assist you and hope to provide a full response as quickly as possible.

This is a question and answer service rather than an instant chat service, and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Sorry to hear that you find yourself facing a final hearing.  Are you currently using that Solicitor or have you been representing yourself up until this point?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Myself

The only thing you can do is apply to the court for an adjournment. You’ll need to give the reasons to the court about your solicitor. However, the court doesn’t like to move final hearings unless there is very good reason. Your argument is that you have not been represented until this point. It would be better for the court if you were represented and you have a right to choose who you want to represent you. The court may say that there are other solicitors that you can choose from. However, unless you apply, you’ll never know. The worst that will happen is the dates stay the same and you’ll have to do it yourself or find another Solicitor. If the other solicitors agree to the adjournment that would help.

If you do want to make the application you will need to use a D11 form found here. The fee will be £155 or £50 if the other solicitors agree

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking? If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you. Otherwise, thank you for using JustAnswer. All the best and hope the matter gets resolved.