SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I am currently in the midst of court proceedings for a

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am currently in the midst of court proceedings for a contact order with my children. There is a child guardian involved who has recommended 6 supervised contact centre sessions. The contact centres closest to us are all completely fully booked for the forseeable future, and I wanted to ask if it was possible too source and fund an ISW myself?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes there is an active c100
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Sheffield
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The CAFCASS guardian on my case has no other alternative arrangements and is asking me to simply wait until there is availability in the YCC Doncaster, which could potentially be 4-5 months more.
I have not seen the children in 9 months due to the ongoing proceedings as the guardian completely cut my contact, before this I was having overnight contact.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. It seems a logical step to ask for an ISW in place of a contact centre if there is no ability. However, to do so you are going to have to make an application to the court for the judge to make that order. You can apply on form C2.

This is something that should perhaps have been considered when the order was being made, but as it wasn't and no alternative was ordered by the judge, you have to apply for it to be added to the order.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can CAFCASS refuse to have an ISW involved if it is funded by myself as a means of supervised contact?

It's not a decision for CAFCASS - it is a decision for the judge.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks so much for your response, one last thing, do you know how to file a c2 & the cost?

You file the C2 to the same court you filed the C100 - contact them to ask if they are accepting applications by email (almost all family courts are). The fee is £215 (it might be £155 as it is within proceedings, but ask the court when you contact them).

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/954471/c2-eng.pdf

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help

You're very welcome.

Do you know how to find an ISW?

Just in case, you can find the independent SW directory here: https://www.basw.co.uk/independents-directory

Many of them will want to be instructed by a solicitor - they will not take an instruction from the client, so bear that in mind when searching for one.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thats great thank you so much