How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2580
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

The department that I am still paying for is in my name and

This answer was rated:

Hi, the department that I am still paying for is in my name and that of my ex-wife, but after paying what corresponds to it in value, it will change to my name. But in order for the Yorkshire Building Society to allow me to continue paying on my behalf, how can my future partner help me without being entitled to my apartment? Thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what I mean is that the department that I keep paying is under the names of me and my ex-wife, but after I pay the amount that corresponds to her, the department will only be in my name. I understand that the Yorkshire Building Society may ask me for a new guarantor who could be my future wife, how could I accept her help without her having rights to my apartment in the future? Thanks

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please, I will be here waiting for your help. Thanks
Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry.
The only way to protect against a future wife gaining an interest in the property would be to sign a pre-nuptial agreement. Although not legally binding in the UK, it may be recognized by the courts in certain circumstances. For example, it should clearly state that your future wife has signed it off her own free will and did so after obtaining independent legal advise from a solicitor. In circumstances such as those the court is usually willing to have regard to the terms of the agreement.
Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2580
Experience: Bar Professional Training Course
ReadyLaw and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have thought that if the property that I have obtained before meeting her and that I am still paying without the help of my future wife, does not belong to her in the event of a future divorce, is it true?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also how can I know when I have to pay a leasehold extension of my flat?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry for other question, how can I know how much money I have left if I sell my flat and pay the rest of the mortgage plus administration expenses that I imagine will also be discounted?