SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Can I apply for maintanence? If my salary £30,000 my

Can I apply for maintanence ?
If my salary £30,000 my husbands salary £135,000?
We lived together for 26 years.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Are you already divorced? Has there been a financial settlement of the marital finances?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
not yet. we are in process of divorce. but we didn't apply yet.
we are trying negotiate financial settlement with my husband

Whether or not you will be entitled to spousal support will depend entirely upon the financial situation of both of you, what is in the marital pot and what is equitable. The court will look at each parties needs, the needs of any minor children, and the factors as listed in s25 of the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 - see the link below for the full list of things the court considers.

Given the large discrepancy between your incomes, it may be possible for you to get some spousal support - but it is becoming rarer these days.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1973/18/section/25