How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7889
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I’m waiting for FHYDRA associate to put Directions in the

This answer was rated:

I’m waiting for FHYDRA associate to put Directions in the post. Court staff haven’t seen it either (in 3 weeks). I only have 4 weeks to Due Date for my statement in final hearing but I need 1 week extension, because it would arrive at my Ex’s place in the middle of half term. Not a good idea to make him angry while my Child is there!I also wanted to ‘catch’ Directions to have them amended to say nobody asks Child to write a letter to court. (My ex said he would have the child do this).
When I emailed Court, they hadn’t seen Directions yet. We will struggle to ‘fix’ Directions in time.Should I email Court again and ask them to track down the Legal Eagle and pass my comments on to her BEFORE she sends out Directions, because we are running out of time??

Thanks for requesting I look at this for you. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once! Thank you.

There is no harm in contacting the court and asking for this to be added before directions are sent out.

My view is that the extension may not be granted (to be honest you could just serve a couple of days late if you are worried about repercussions) but the point about not asking the child to write a letter is one which could be added as if the judge had wanted to hear directly from the child they would have asked for this. It's involving the child in the dispute which is supposed to be avoided as much as possible.

I hope that this helps. Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK Yes. I will write to Court again tonight and ask them to track down and suggest modification to directions BEFORE they go out - after all, would save on reissuing and confusion.
Taking your good suggestion, I will add that if I don't hear back from the Court by my statement Due Date, I envisage filing and serving a few days late to avoid risk to the child on holiday.You are right that my Ex is usually late in his filings and no repercussions ever came from that.

Absolutely - the court is usually a little flexible over filing dates, provided the evidence is filed in good time before the hearing (or sometimes even on the day). Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter