How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7889
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Ex has never told me where the Child stays (on trips to

This answer was rated:

Ex has never told me where the Child stays (on trips to girlfriend and grandparents) therefore I don’t know the address where he goes on mini-breaks. Nor has Ex told me the names of his lodgers or their background. I asked many times over the years and just get silence.
Am I entitled to those details – if so, I can raise it at Final Hearing which is to vary CAO.Should I ask for an Order that Ex gives me the addresses where child commonly stays and names of lodgers and update me if those change?

Hello and thank you for the question. I will review and revert back to you shortly.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Thanks for your patience. There's no definitive answer on this point, as far as I am aware. By this I mean that there's no legal requirement for dad to tell you exactly where he is when your son is in his care, but certain judges may take the view that this information is important to share. Others can be frankly not interested! However, it is important that your son is kept safe and also that he does not come into contact with inappropriate adults. But, the court would expect dad to be able to monitor this as he has PR and should be capable of keeping his son safe. It's normally dealt with by an undertaking or a recital, to this effect - rather than a compulsion to provide details directly to you.

I hope that this makes sense?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That is helpful, thanks.

My pleasure. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter