How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7866
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My divorce goes to absolute tomorrow I am representing

This answer was rated:

My divorce goes to absolute tomorrow I am representing myself I have tried to find out what my ex wife wants as I live in the family home there is no money in it, been to her solicitor email and phoned but they won’t answer me I can put it on hold before tomorrow and get a solicitor she did adulterous on me she left 11 years ago just after some advice as not sure whether to put it on hold or not thank you
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: She had we had the nici absolute gets done tomorrow
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Devon our family court is Southampton
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no don’t think so

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once! Thank you.

As you have been separated for 11 years, and are financially independent from each other as a result, there's probably not a good reason to delay the decree absolute.

Further - it is being pronounced to morrow. You really don't have time to make an application in any event, if I am honest.

The financial order application is a separate application anyway and this can be made after the decree absolute, if indeed an application is going to be made. It not always necessary to make this application - if there are no assets. But, it is advisable, to prevent future claims.

If she has not applied for this, you can apply yourself, on the form A - but note that you have to attend a MIAM (mediation assessment) before making this application.

The form is here:

The link here is for mediation and you can find one here:

I hope that this helps.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For PLCLEGAL only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

plclegal and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you