Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I wonder if you can help me regarding me British citizen

Hi there i wonder if you can help me regarding me British citizen wanting to marry Greek national and how the Brexit situation affects us?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: no steps have been taken so far.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no for now
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
hi it said may waiting time is 8 minutes however it has been more than half an hour

Hi, Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today

When do you plan to get married and where?

Once you get married you will need to meet the following Immigration requirements

The UK Spouse visa category is for partners of British citizens, persons with indefinite leave to remain in the UK or limited leave to remain under Appendix EU or Appendix ECAA, who wish to join, or stay with, their husband or wife in the UK. You can also apply for a UK Spouse visa if your Spouse is outside the UK, but intending to return to the UK with you.

Requirements for a UK Spouse visa application

In order to qualify for a UK Spouse visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you meet the following requirements:

• Your partner is British, holds indefinite leave to remain, limited leave to remain under Appendix EU or limited leave to remain under Appendix ECAA;
  • You are both over the age of 18;
  • You have met in person and are legally married;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently;
  • Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
  • You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
  • There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
  • TB Certificate
  • You speak and understand English to the required level.

Financial requirement for a UK Spouse visa

In order to demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you will need to satisfy a financial requirement.

The financial requirement for a UK Spouse visa application states that you will need to demonstrate that your Spouse (or both of you jointly if you are in the UK with valid leave to remain) has a gross annual income of at least:

• £18,600

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi there
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Just seen your messages now.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I am British but my partner is Greek and lives in Greece. He wants to come here so we can get married and settle here. I heard that 30th June is a deadline for certain procedures to be carried out such as getting married so that after 1st July visa requirements will be eased at least. To be honest i don't have much information and i wanted to ask what we can do

Your partner will need to apply for a Civil Partnership visa - the rules are the same as above. Once the visa is granted this will be valid for 2.5 years and after completing 5 years in this category, can apply for ILR = permanent residence in the UK

If you intend to get married inside the UK. Your partner would need to apply for a Fiancé visa. I will send you more information on this

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is this ok to do even after 1st July?

In order to qualify for a UK Fiance visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

• You are both over the age of 18;
  • You have met in person;
  • You are both free to marry;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently in the UK;
  • You intend to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK;

The financial requirement for a UK Fiance visa application states that you will need to demonstrate that your partner has a gross annual income of at least:

• £18,600;

Yes this is fine post 30 June 2021!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I can't seem to give notice for my partner as his address is not here the borough website does not allow me to book a Notice appointment?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
thank you for you help
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
In order for him to come here as a Fiance he would need Fiance visa and i think tick all the boxes you've stated - I am British and all the rest. Can we then marry once he is here - would he be able to work?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
He is Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - quite a lot of the jobs are saying they would not sponsor him.

He would be able to get married on the Fiancé visa. The visa itself is issued for 6 months. Before the visa expires need to apply for a Spouse visa. He cannot work on a Fiance visa.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
In order to be able to get a job in UK would he need to apply for work visa? would he need the company to sponsor or only provide contract saying he will work with them?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
He can work once he has Spouse visa i guess since we want to start life here together
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
How much is Fiance Visa, Spouse Visa? Would he need Fiance visa first? what is the order?