How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4730
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I am the administrator of the bank account of the deceased

Customer Question

I am the administrator of the bank account of the deceased partner / the relationship was not legalized, I know that the money / several thousand pounds / is inherited by children who are in Poland.
the problem is that I have not made payments to creditors and fees in HM Revenue. I have to leave England in a few days due to health reasons / I am after surgery and I am not mobile /, I will not come back here
The question is - what should I do next? Please indicate the best option for me to end this case
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Sorry to hear of your health issues.

However, you do not need to be in the U.K. to carry out your duties as executor, although it is easier to do so.

The simplest way to resolve this is to visit a local probate solicitor and appoint them to take over as executor for you. They will then continue and deal with the estate and finalise everything for you.

Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Can I assist or clarify further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.