How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4518
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Partner has made emergency court action re full custody of

Customer Question

Partner has made emergency court action re full custody of daughter making false claims it’s literally tomorrow and struggling to get representation during conference call re this
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Mediation call was this morning c100 form has been e mailed ready for us to fill in and file
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: notts /Mansfield courts
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. What makes you think the court hearing is tomorrow? Have you been notified of a court date?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Can’t get represented tomorrow as only just been informed of court time via conference call
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 23 days ago.

You can try to get representation from a direct access barrister here:

How was the father able to get a hearing tomorrow if the mediation only took place today? And when you say the C100 has been sent to you to fill in. I do not understand the timescales you refer to.