SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Sr, i need help for the divorce of my wife, in Bromley

Customer Question

Good afternoon sr
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: i need help for the divorce of my wife
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: in Bromley council
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Please I need your help
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Are you asking how to start divorce proceedings?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 16 days ago.

To divorce you either need to complete the online form or the paper form D8. I will provide a link below for you to access both forms = the cost either way is £550 unless you are on a low income or benefits, in which case you may be eligible for fee remission.

You will need to have been married for at least a year, and meet one of the criteria to support the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, that is: separated for two years with consent, adultery, desertion, unreasonable behaviour or separated for five years with no consent needed.

You can find the forms and further details here: www.gov.uk/divorce