Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

How can i revoke an adoption order, No as the date for the

Customer Question

How can i revoke an adoption order
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No as the date for the appeal was last friday 28th may but i couldnt get help to put it in
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: It was Cambridge court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need my children home asap not to be adopted, i cant afford to pay for a lawyer either as im on benefits
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ive had someone from the local authority phone me about filling in an adoption form for my children but ive refused to give my permission for it as i dont want my children adopted as they are mine and they belong to only me
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 22 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

So has a final adoption order been made?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The court order was granted on the 7th may 21 for a final care plan and adoption order sothe local authority have been given permission from the court to put them up for adoption and a lady from social care wanted me to go through a form earlier today but i refused to do it so im not sure if they've found a potential adoptive family for my children as i was told the form would go with them

I see, so in essence they are applying for adoption but not yet got the final adoption order so you can try to appeal against the adoption order i.e. to put them up for adoption. You need a solicitor to represent you, as this is care proceedings you can get legal aid i.e. free legal representation.

If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk. You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case family law then filter the results by public children law - legal aid. I trust this assists

Let me know if you have questions

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The court hearing is ova as the judgement was given that the local authority have been given the orders to put them up for adoption
I know you can take it back to court but you need a solicitor and can get one using the details I provided. Take care
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
But the appeal date has passed as only had 21 days within to appeal by and that expired last friday so would i still be able to take the case back to court now if i did find a solicitor that would help me
they would need to apply to appeal out of time but could do so. I trust this assists.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
As between my ex and myself weve got new evidence that wasnt available for the last hearing
Ok great so use that as part of the appeal with your solicitor. Take care