How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I broke up with my sons father a year ago, tryed moderators

Customer Question

I broke up with my sons father a year ago, tryed moderators at beginning but then he started being aggressive to me and tryed to choke me cople of times so as police sed o stopped visitation and got social services we got back to moderation and have the agreement but now my son started lieing to me and saying things that what we agreed hes not i want to know if i cant agree with him on moderation what can be done in court
JA: What steps has your son taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your son live in?
Customer: Salford
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. May I ask who thought mediation was a good idea given the father's violence towards you?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Social service sed that it is good idie
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

Social Services are wrong. Mediation is not appropriate in cases where there has been domestic abuse, and you did not need to do mediation, you could have applied straight to court, which is what I would suggest you do now. The court will be able to make an order that has to be stuck to - mediation is just an agreement between you and the father, it cannot be enforced. A court order can be enforced.

As you have been subjected to domestic abuse you may well be eligible for legal aid - check here:

You can do so on form C100, cost is £215, unless you are on a low income/benefits, in which case you may be eligible for fee remission and should complete form EX160. I have included the relevant links below:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you so much
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 19 days ago.

You're very welcome.

If you need support with the domestic abuse, contact Women's Aid: