How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

Ive had to take my son aware from his mother due to safety

Customer Question

hi Ive had to take my son aware from his mother due to safety concerns of his welfare and social care are wanting to proceed to put him done as a child in need due to his mothers actions. is there anything i can do to stop her taking him back
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: not as yet i received the phonecall from social last wednesday and picked him up as normal on saturday
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: social haven't been helpful and this has been going for several years to the point its escalating. i live in hertfordshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have seen an form for emergency application to the court but unsure how to go about it
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
there has been issues with his mother almost since birth but situations are getting worse to the point social care want to put my son as a child in need due to drugs and domestic violence. social have let me down many times before. i want to know if there is anything i can do to temporarily secure him with me. since i picked him up saturday just gone i have made an application to 2 locals schools i have left messages with his current school telling them he will not return. im worried that the court may demand me to take him back to his mother. i am on his birth certificate and have purchased a new certificate.
Expert:  AkuaK replied 21 days ago.

Good morning, if there is a safe guarding issue whereby your son is danger you can request for a non molestation order this can be issued for 30 days whereby the mother cannot go near the son.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 21 days ago.

You can also but in a child arrangements order whereby  it will go through the courts to see what will be in the best interests of the child to live with going forward. The first step would be mediation if an agreement still  cannot be decided then you can proceed to make the C100.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Would you be able to help represent if so what's the cost
Expert:  AkuaK replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately just answer is question and platform therefore I will send you a link with registered solicitors through the law society.