Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Started divorce proceedings, have a house joint mortgage,

Customer Question

Hi started divorce proceedings, have a house joint mortgage, and agreed to split the house 50/50. Want to know how much of his RAF pension and school pension I’m entitled too. We’re married 27 years and separated for 7. He wants the divorce as has terminal cancer, needs money from the sale of house.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No Just started have a case manager
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No not as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: In the clean break I would like added he has to clear and get the house cleaned as he was living in it. Am I entitled to his RAF pension when he dies. Split the divorce costs as he wants the divorce? Can I get reduced court fees?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

In terms of pensions you are entitled to 50% of any pension rights he acquired during your marriage, which includes any period of separation up until the decree absolute. In terms of getting the house cleaned he may agree to that. In terms of the entitlement to pension when he dies, if you are divorced by that point almost certainly no. Up to you, if you want to split divorce costs but that is sensible. No the court fees are the same for everyone in relation to divorce. I trust this assists you in understanding your position however, should you have any supplementary inquiries, do not hesitate to ask and I will look to clarify or expand on my previous response.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
With regard to pension rights, will the managed team sort this out through the clean break assessment, or do I have to employ a solicitor to sort this out?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I work in a prison so do not have access to my mobile phone during the core day
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
It will be determined as part of the financial division and included in the court order at the end with the clean break. I trust this assists.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for you assistance
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 days ago.
Happy to help take care