How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4748
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My partner and I have split up the police were involved I

Customer Question

My partner and I have split up the police were involved I have left the property which is rented and both are names are ***** ***** tenancy she is making it very difficult for me to get my stuff from the house when I spoke to the police they told me to take picture of my stuff I have receipts for all of the stuff as well
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property which we both have the tenancy is in Highbridge Somerset but I am living in Gloucester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've mess
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry I will not need you help I've just been advised for a different solution
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

As you are on the rental agreement, as long as you have no bail conditions or court orders on you not to return, then you are legally entitled to do so to collect your property.

Please let me know if you change your mind on further adbpvice, will be pleased to assist further.