james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

How do you go about getting a divorce. Do you have to go

Customer Question

How do you go about getting a divorce. Do you have to go through a solicitor
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No nothing as yet. We haven't any children and only have a house in joint names. However I have lost my dad in the last 2 years and wondered if he is entitled to that too
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Fleetwood, Lancashire. I think my nears court is in Fleetwood
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My husband has mental health issues. I was will to try and make a go of things. I is very up and down. I have ask him to seek help from the doctor but he refused. So my health is suffering now. Is there a reasonable price for a divorce or are they all very similar. He says he just wants 1/2 the value of the house alto he only pays for the mortgage £255 a month and I pay for everything else bills sky ect plus I've paid for all the improvements over the years.
Expert:  james bruce replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you. He is a bit erratic with his behaviour and I've been trying for over a year to support him. But it is now effecting me and he isn't prepared to seek help. Where do I start. I'm getting the house valued on Monday.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.