SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

If i represent myself for permission to appeal can it take

Customer Question

If i represent myself for permission to appeal can it take longer
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. No, the legal processes take the same amount of time whether you are represented or not - the timetable for that is set by the court. However, the process will be much more difficult for you as a litigant in person if you have no legal knowledge at all as everything you are directed to do will obviously take you far longer than it would take an experienced lawyer to do. E.g preparing the grounds of appeal, the skeleton argument, putting together a bundle and evidence, preparing statements and so forth.

The law about the appeal is likely to be the most difficult - you should consider instructing a lawyer.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.