plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

We have just started a pre birthassessment so far we have

Customer Question

Hi there we have just started a pre birthassessment so far we have done family history and my bf as done about is offence he I on the sex offender register classed as low risk eany way he had a sessions whit them yesterday and they was asking stuff like what happend last time y did she choose you over her son haw was she feeling when her son got taken off her and all this then qhen he told them this time we will split up and for good this time they did not believe they was like she will not want to stay separated she will want you bk haw do we no you will stay separated my question is where do we stand whit this I will do eanythink to keep my baby
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once! Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ty
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Happy to help. There are two separate things going on here. If he is classed as low risk and safe to be around children, then after all this time you should not be asked or told to separate.

It's not fair on you or your child to be forced out of a relationship that is effectively your support network.

If they are saying that he is still a risk, and they have concerns, then they need to evidence this through assessment. It's not good enough to simply say "we had concerns before so we must still have concerns now".

However, if you do decide to separate, if there is no other option, then they have to give you the opportunity to show that you can do this, rather than stating they don't believe you and writing you off. That would be a complete breach of your basic human right to family life and would not stand up in court.

I hope that this helps?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well they are trying to say that I carbt protect her and that of I did leave that when all this is done whit I would go bk whit him and that I put him above my children
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Casue when I had my son and I moved out befor he was born then I got bk whit him after the case got clossed
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's like the next meeting is understand concerns
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

OK. We'll I don't think they have grounds to remove your child on the basis of the information you have given. Obviously you need to go through the whole assessment process though.

It's right that they talk about the past, but they have to update their views based on the here and now too.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They are all so concerned about my peranting cause when I had contact whit my son I had lack of motivation and I did not plan stuff when I was at contact
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

I understand. But of course you have matured and learnt a lot since then.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We have
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What will happen if I hv baby before end of assessment
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
See he was on licesnce last time but ad naw come off and he is classed as low risk evab is po say he is low risk
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

If you give birth before the LA have got their act together and assessed then they will have to do a lot of work in a very short space of time, or they will not be able to show the court the imminent risk of harm that they need to move a child.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if she came early she would be abel to come home
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

My view is yes but I cannot give you a definitive as I'm not there on the ground doing the assessment or advising you on the basis of the whole picture - that's impossible without seeing what social services are writing in their reports.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The only main concern they have is my bf offence
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They are saying I carnt protect her but haw can I show them that when she aint hear yet
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

You are still only one assessment session in. I think it's too early to judge at this stage.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Well I have had 1 he as had 3 and the one he had yesterday was the second part to is offence they told him yesterday that they think I don't find is offence serious enough and that I will not be abel to protect him from her
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They have only seen me for 1 so far whic was family history
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Haw can they prove he is a risk when she is not born yet
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

I see. Well they will be working on the basis of risk assessment, which they can do pre-birth.

They need to set out what the risk he poses is first, before you can be asked to protect.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well I think the risk they are working on is sexual harm
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

OK. I don't know enough about the offence or his past to advice in more detail, it's also a little bit beyond what we can do here as this site is just supposed to be for for general advice.

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's ok
Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Take care.