How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8041
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Question for solicitor piclegal I applied for my children

This answer was rated:

Question for solicitor piclegalI applied for my children custody in March 2020 due to domestic violence caused by their mother, my ex-partner. After a long court battle, we were given shared custody in April 2021. The judge final order includes expectations and 1 of them says that the mother can't chastise the children. My children are and6 years old.A few days ago my children informed me that their mother in the last week smacked my youngest daughter on 3 different occasions.Last November my eldest daughter told her teacher about the violence she suffered from the mother. The school informed MASH but because we already had social services and Cafcass involved, they closed the case.My daughter trusts the teacher and I talk about it now that she's going back to school on Monday but my concern is what can I do now physical violence from their mother the case closed recently and I'm scared that if I complain again it can be seen a way of changing the final outcome and not because I'm trying to protect my children what is your advice?

Good evening and thank you for requesting help with your legal issue, I am happy to assist. The moderators alerted me to your request for help. I am a family law barrister and will be able to assist you.

I will not be able to respond in full this evening, as I have already finished work for the day. I hope that you don't mind waiting for a response until the morning, when you will have my full attention.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

Thanks for your understanding, Peter

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Happy to assist. I think we covered most of this already. You do have a duty to keep your children safe and if the mother is in breach of the promise not to chastise the children, then you have two options - you either suspend contact or raise the issue directly with the mother asking for a further commitment that this will not happen again or you would have to consider suspending contact.

In the meantime, you can also report the allegation to social services.

If your child makes further disclosures at school then they will also report the concerns and this time the case probably won't be closed straight away as there aren't ongoing proceedings.

I hope that this helps clarify matters for you?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it does. Thank you for your time.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter