How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4486
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

My friend gave birth to her baby two days ago, social

Customer Question

My young friend gave birth to her baby two days ago, social services have taken the baby away from her today and put her in the custody of the father what do we do
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We are not sure what to do
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Kings lynn Norfolk pe3o lf
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My friend suffers from depression and has refused to attend an assessment course
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. What reasons have they given for removing the child? Presumably there has been involvement prior to the birth? Can you provide more detail about what the issues are, why your friend is refusing to comply, and whether she has other children?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Your friend is very likely to be entitled to legal aid since she is in a disagreement with the state.

She should complete the forms at the link here:

She will very likely be appointed a legal aid lawyer who will be able to give her advice and guidance and representation on what to do next.