How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2637
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I'm looking for a solicitors letter to confirm separation

This answer was rated:

I'm looking for a solicitors letter to confirm separation from my wife, as this is required by student finance for my daughters financial help with her university grants and payments, they are requesting evidence that her mum and dad live apart and have done for 10 years
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing filled as this is a mutual agreement that there's no divorce proceedings just live apart
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Cambridgeshire and mum/wife lives in northumberland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just a simple letter explaining that we have lived apart for the past 10 years and I need this letter asap
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This has and is a mutual agreement even though still married , but living separate life and living in separate households and locations.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Hi there,

You need Statutory declaration. A statutory declaration is a formal statement made in a prescribed way affirming that something is true to the best knowledge of the Declarant, being the person making the declaration. The statutory declaration will need to be signed in the presence of a solicitor . The statutory declaration would effectively satisfy some legal requirement, or regulation where perhaps no other such evidence is available.

Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format, not a substitution to full legal services, so statutory declaration is not possible on JA platform

you need to visit a solicitor's office to get this done. you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: you can search by your postcode to find one nearer to you.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Vineet S and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you