How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4481
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Child arrangement, manchester uk, i have sent my proposal

This answer was rated:

child arrangement
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: manchester uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i have sent my proposal but she said no and asked me to go to court if i say i dont want to meet my daughter then what happens?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats all
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, my wife accused me of domestic violence back in March 2021. She lied so she could stay in the uk as she was on spouse visa, and since the social services were involved and the police. Now she is not letting me meet with my daughter even the social services said we see no reason why I cant see my daughter and they have closed the file. She sent me a proposal to meet with my daughter which only allowed me to see her for 30 mins twice a month and that I will come alone and she will bring her friend.. I did not agree and sent my proposal saying I will come with my sis in law and I want to see my daughter every weekend. She said no and asked me to go court. I work minimum wage and I cant afford to go to court or spend money on lawyers. What can i do? or what if i say I dont want to meet my daughter because she is using her as a weapon against me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next.

If you and the other parent cannot agree on the child arrangements you should try mediation as a first port of call; you will need to attend a MIAM at the very least before applying to court. If mediation is unsuccessful or the other parent won’t engage, the mediator will sign your form and you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangements order. I am sorry to have to inform you that if you don't go to court and the mother won't agree, you are going to be stuck in this loop forever. 30 minutes twice a month is insufficient contact, and is a ridiculous suggestion on her part. If there are no safeguarding concerns you should be having your child at least every other weekend and a day in the alternate week, unless the child is a very small baby still. You are extremely unlikely to get every weekend unless the child is not yet in school, and even then you probably won't get every weekend. But the court will decide based on what it thinks is in the child's best interests.

You apply on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Lea, Thank you so much for answering.The letter i received from the mother states that I will have to go through court and I have been told about mediation. As I work on minimum wage i don't think I will get any help from the gov on this matter. Can you kindly tell me If i say I do not want to meet my daughter can that hurt me in any manner. I obviously do not wish to do that as I am struggling everyday without seeing my daughter and she is only 11 months old.

See the link above for finding a mediator. There is public funding available for mediation and the mediator you contact will be able to give you more details about that.

If you don't want to see your child, then you don't have to do anything. You will still be responsible for paying child maintenance whether you see her or not.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much Lea for your quick response. Just one last question, because she did this to stay in the UK and so she can use our daughter to stay here but as I mentioned the lies she said were not proved about domestic violence, will she able to get indefinite leave to remain or will she apply for asylum? I do not want my child to go back with her because the living conditions from back are not suitable for the baby? Thank you

If she was married to you and has a British child, she'd have been very likely to be able to stay in the UK by simply changing her visa from a spousal one to a family one. Yes she may well get ILR. She doesn't need to apply for asylum. She is very unlikely to be deported, but if she is, the child is very likely to go with her.

SASH_Law and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you Lea for your help

You're welcome.

All the best.