Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.
I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next.
If you and the other parent cannot agree on the child arrangements you should try mediation as a first port of call; you will need to attend a MIAM at the very least before applying to court. If mediation is unsuccessful or the other parent won’t engage, the mediator will sign your form and you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangements order. I am sorry to have to inform you that if you don't go to court and the mother won't agree, you are going to be stuck in this loop forever. 30 minutes twice a month is insufficient contact, and is a ridiculous suggestion on her part. If there are no safeguarding concerns you should be having your child at least every other weekend and a day in the alternate week, unless the child is a very small baby still. You are extremely unlikely to get every weekend unless the child is not yet in school, and even then you probably won't get every weekend. But the court will decide based on what it thinks is in the child's best interests.
You apply on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child.
Find a mediator here: www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk
C100 form: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/946762/c100-eng.pdf
EX160 form: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/952045/ex160-eng.pdf
E160A Notes: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/958038/ex160a-eng.pdf
The following is useful info to assist you with the site:
- I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
- The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
- Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
- Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
- Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
- If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.