SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I have mislaid my pension sharing order which i must now

Customer Question

Hi, I have mislaid my pension sharing order which i must now show to the pension company. Can i get a certified copy of this.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, my divorce happened over 20 years ago and now is the time to implement the order.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: yes i know the court, Southend county court.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, i just need to know if i can get a copy.
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 10 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.It is possible that the court that issued the order will hold a copy or know where in their archives the order would be held.If the solicitor you used at the time are still practising they might have a copy but generally speaking they should have deleted it after 6 years.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am happy to answer follow ups once you've tried the above.Kind regards
S