ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

We intend to adopt our grandson from Ghana. The Ghana

Customer Question

We intend to adopt our grandson from Ghana. The Ghana adoption authorities have requested a home study reportThe Ghana adoption authorities have requested a home study report.We have asked Independent social workers ISW) to carry out a home study report which is to be provided to the Ghana adoption authorities.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: let me start again.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: We intend to adopt our grandson from Ghana. The Ghana adoption authorities are satisfied with all the documents we have provided, and have requested a home study report (HSR) from us here in UK. We have asked Independent social workers (ISW) to carry out this HSR and they ask that we need to have a Lawyer instruct them.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We think the lawyer needs no more information to carry this out.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 16 days ago.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please am happy to wait for your answer to my request.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

This seems to me as though you need to speak to a solicitor in the UK directly. You may locate a local solicitor here:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/.

You will need to select the option Family under the section marked issues and input your postcode.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.