How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8323
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

The local authority sent me court papers with another

Customer Question

The local authority sent me court papers with another family's assessments attached the documents also included assessments the judge ordered to be omitted and they sent them late. I only receieved the hard copy yesterday and I have to put a statement into court on Monday regarding the documents. The local authority came to my house and demanded I give them the documents i had printed off and told me to delete the emailed documents, they have also lied in my Special Guardian Report in an attempt to ensure our grandaughter is adopted. I dont have enough time to complete all of the recitals the judge ordered from me.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I filed a C2 FORM and asked to be either interevener or part to proceedings as we do not agree with what is written in our assessments, infact part of our assessment is completely fabricated this was on the 21st May and the judge ordered on 21st May to allow us certain documents from the court bundle to file and serve a statement to the court by 4pm on the 7th june
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: York
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we have to write a response to both fostering and SGO assesments and details of what we wish to challenge, whwether we seek to make an application for our other grandchild who is currently with her biolgical father who has been physically abusive to our daughter to remove her from his care and if we seek to make an apllication for an ISW part 25 further to this we have to state what type of order we invite the court to make at the final hearing?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i need help as to how o send documents to the court
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We also have to go to cornwall to make sure our daughter does not miss her contact with the child as social services failed to secure her a train ticket she makes this journey every two weeks and yet this is the second time this month that this has happened. Is there any law or practice direction the sw or their legal team has possibly broken ? could I ask for more time ? I cant afford a solicitor and do not qualify for legal aid so we are acting as litigants in person. I have informed the ICO regarding the data breech of the other family do i need to inform them again of the other assessment that the judge did not want included in the released files?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can wait until this afternoon sunday june 6th
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no news yet?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

I take it you are the grandparents of the child or children being assessed for adoption? Why has your daughter not got legal representation?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
we are the maternal grandparents of both grandaughters. The oldest one is 2 and she was harmed by my daughters ex boyfriend who is also the father of our new grandaughter, ( the one they are trying to adopt). My daughter has just gained legal representation after her previous solicitor said he could no longer work for her after she complained the barrister made derogatory comments about her and she caught him giving the local authorities legal team leading questions, he also tried to get her to lie in court. My daughter was found guilty of failing to protect.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

I see. Well in terms of submitting papers to court your daughter will have the court details e.g. which court and which judge you can then email the court attaching the documents you wish to send. I trust this assists

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Let me know if you have follow up questions

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
that is very helpful, I was not sure if I had to hand the statement directly to the court, and parties involved. I have emails for the parties but not the court. Do I tell the court that the local authority legal team have sent the fathers assessment to me and another families assessment and it has been reported to the ICO?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could I ask for an extension due to only recieving the documents on friday 3 days before my statement is due? When it was supposed to be sent by 24th May?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
should i ask for an independant social worker assessment? The local authority have not been helpful at all.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.

Yes you can do as that is extremely serious. Yes you can ask for an extension, you can ask for an independent social work assessment but I do not see that happening. I trust this asists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Why do you not see us having an independant social worker assessment? Our assessments completed by the local authority are based on innacurate information to which I can now prove as I contacted ACROS, and now have the report which does not state what the local authority said it did. How can I prove that the local authority have been unethical, judgemnetal and fabriacted eveidence to suit their means?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I cant call right now nut can at 10 30 am GMT, I am happy to discuss this with you over the phone
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.
I can’t do a call this morning I’m afraid. You can submit this evidence you have to court. If it as clear as you say it will undermine the social workers evidence. I trust this assists.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The legal team sent me a letter stating it was not her fault however there are a lot of other mistakes she has made so hopefully the judge will see she is not adhering to her code of conduct ethically or legally.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.
Ok yes that’s true. Take care