How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1691
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

My ex-partner asked me by email for money for my daughter

This answer was rated:

My ex-partner asked me by email for money for my daughter swimming lessons but due to lockdown some months were not paid and refunded. She asked me again for more pretending she has been always paying them in full. Swimming place sent me an email with the information. Is that fraud? She did the same with council tax payments. I paid my half in full and because she didn't we received arrears of £200 and she liked saying it was not from missing payments but the council tax confirmed it by email. She is also receiving child benefit for the2 children even though since January 2020 we are separated and from March 2020 until May 2020 I had sole custody and now shared.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I would like to wait.

Good morning, if you have received email from swimming place is it a recognised place?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, Yes it is.

Then under these circumstances it would not be fraud if she asking for money to support your child. You would just need to look at whether the money you give to support is reasonable.

Is there a child arrangements order in place?

Child maintenance?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We finished now court proceedings and we have shared custody with no costs.

Then the only thing would be to decide whether it’s in reason to pay for child’s swimming .

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I changed yesterday the direct debit to my account to avoid future problems. We have 2 daughters so she pays for one and I pay for the other.So there's no way legally to force to pay me back?
Because she did the same with council tax payments.

They can only ask you to pay back direct debits for anything in your name as per the contract terms.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I didn't explain it well. We were living together. The council tax was in both names but she set up the payments from our joint account that she controls for the mortgage and house bills. I need to transfer the money to the account monthly. She divided50/50 each. Recently, the council sent a letter saying we had arrears from the financial year of 2020/2021. I paid in full my part and on time. She claimed it wasn't from missing payments. She then made a payment plan with the council and asked me for my half claiming that she never missed a payment. I sent a note email to the council and they replied saying that were missing 3 payments. She spent the money on herself and I gave her more than what I was supposed to. What can I do about it legally?
She is really malicious. I suffered domestic violence from her and was controlled by her until the day my 5 years old daughter asked me to stop mummy from hurting her and her younger sister, that's when I found out that she was also to them and initiatEd court proceedings. I had temporary sole custody for2 months and after we were given shared because she stole my phone with evidence and I only saved a few messages to show the court. S

If you are owed money from ex partner then you can make a claim in the small claims court. You would first need to write a letter of claim and await for a response within 14 days from ex partner if there is no response you can proceed to court.

Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1691
Experience: Expert
AkuaK and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok, thank you for your time and help.