AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

I'm from UK. I was married in Morocco to a Moroccan in 2018.

Customer Question

JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No ceremony just signed papers but at the British embassy the lady said pick a date. We say 13 October. She says not a day after that date or it won't count in UK. Paper says 1St of November. So I was always thinking its not legal here. Can u help me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No. I mailed British embassy in Rabat. But no answer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I need help.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It's only the one question. Am I legally married in the UK. I'm worried about this, we are no longer together
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can u help. I had to have pregnancy scan, to say I'm not, medical to say I'm OK. Signed papers. I think abdol brings to court in Morocco. It's the British embassy saying it didn't count after 13 October
Expert:  AkuaK replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, could you confirm whether you signed papers are marriage registry?

Expert:  AkuaK replied 13 days ago.

As a general answer if you are legally married in U.K. you would have received a marriage certificate which is legally binding that you and ex partner would have signed.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm not sure both signed it
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do I cancel being on here
I paid £5 I only had one query. Can u cancel for me please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What I wanted to know wasn't answered
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
British embassy in Rabat said any time after 13th October marriage wouldn't be legal in uk
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How may I find out if I'm legally married in northern Ireland
Expert:  AkuaK replied 13 days ago.

I would contact the registry for marriage to confirm.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 13 days ago.

It will be listed as to whether there is a legal marriage.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 13 days ago.

https://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/us/uk-marriage-records?kw=marriage+records&ancid=1u38psuk75&pgrid=36618935110&ptaid=kwd-2094635784&s_kwcid=register+of+marriages&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5PGFBhC2ARIsAIFIMNcBG91u1yFRTOwtp6BclXKwfKvdnNK01X02WLFFZOk2TM5nRaa61UMaAgSOEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&o_xid=59287&o_lid=59287&o_sch=Paid+Search+Non+Brand