AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

Have you dealt with UK citizens inquiring about the process

Customer Question

Hey there, have you dealt with UK citizens inquiring about the process of marrying a Moroccan national in Morocco?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet I don’t know where to start
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not in this moment of time
Expert:  AkuaK replied 17 days ago.

Good morning, the following requirements to marry in Morocco are

To enable you to marry in Morocco, the British Embassy will provide you with 2 documents:

the affirmation or affidavit which replaces the capacity to marry

a certified copy of your British passport which replaces the certificate of nationality

Note that:

if both parties are British Nationals then each must swear an affirmation or affidavit.

same sex marriages/civil partnerships are not recognised in Morocco. Therefore we cannot process documentation for a same sex marriage, even if the marriage is proposed to take place in a third country.

the Moroccan authorities will require you to provide more documents. You should check with them for a full list.

What you will need to bring with you for a marriage affirmation or affidavit:

passports for both the bride and groom (or a Moroccan ID card if your partner is Moroccan)

original divorce paper/death certificate (if previously married)

original deed poll (if name has been changed before)

Expert:  AkuaK replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!