How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

Have you dealt with UK citizens inquiring about the process

Customer Question

Hey there, have you dealt with UK citizens inquiring about the process of marrying a Moroccan national in Morocco?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet I don’t know where to start
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not in this moment of time
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AkuaK replied 17 days ago.

Good morning, the following requirements to marry in Morocco are

To enable you to marry in Morocco, the British Embassy will provide you with 2 documents:

the affirmation or affidavit which replaces the capacity to marry

a certified copy of your British passport which replaces the certificate of nationality

Note that:

if both parties are British Nationals then each must swear an affirmation or affidavit.

same sex marriages/civil partnerships are not recognised in Morocco. Therefore we cannot process documentation for a same sex marriage, even if the marriage is proposed to take place in a third country.

the Moroccan authorities will require you to provide more documents. You should check with them for a full list.

What you will need to bring with you for a marriage affirmation or affidavit:

passports for both the bride and groom (or a Moroccan ID card if your partner is Moroccan)

original divorce paper/death certificate (if previously married)

original deed poll (if name has been changed before)

Expert:  AkuaK replied 17 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!