How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1710
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

I have questions regarding same-sex marriage that was

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have questions regarding same-sex marriage that was registered in the USA between two Hungarian nationals (my husband and his ex partner). Hungary doesn't recognize same-sex marriage but we are moving to the UK that recognizes same-sex marriage that was registered in the USA. Since then my husband separated from his ex and we are living in a registered partnership in Hungary, that is recognized by the country. If we move to the UK, do they need to divorce? Will their marriage be valid even if it isn't valid in Hungary? Will our registered partnership be valid in the UK, given the circumstances?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No steps were taken yet.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Currently we live in Hungary
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I think that's all.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello!Yes, I still would like to receive an answer.KR
Expert:  AkuaK replied 8 days ago.

Good afternoon, if you are planning to move to the U.K. under the partner route then your partner would need to legally divorce with his ex.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 8 days ago.

Your marriage would be valid in U.K. as long as your partner has divorced other persons.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 8 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!