How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2702
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Can someone with no documentation get custody of there

This answer was rated:

Hi can someone with no documentation get custody of there child?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No? Nothing
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: Sorry am. In the uk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. My ex partner got violent towards me? What should I do?

Hi, welcome to JA, I am Readylaw one of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

Yes you can apply. And, if you are granted the right to look after your child then you may use that in order to normalise your stay in the UK. These kinds of application can be difficult, as you may be faced with the challenge of the other parent saying you are essentially making up allegations for immigration purposes. It is recommended therefor that you seek the assistance of a solicitor with your application.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

ReadyLaw and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I get a solicitor for that from here?