How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1735
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

It's regarding my 6 week old daughter and contact with her

Customer Question

it's regarding my 6 week old daughter and contact with her father, we are not married and he is currently bailed not to come to my address due to domestic violence. We were due to register he birth on the 25th June but he will not be able to attend, can I stop any contact with him?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no. I am waiting for a social services assessment
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Basingstoke
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: although he has not hit the baby, he has forcibly put her down on the bed, in a temper. He is a heavy drinker and an occasional drug user, so I have recently found out. His family have been in contact to ask when they can pick the baby up so that he can see her. But I am very concerned about them doing this as they also have a history with alcohol and drink a lot.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AkuaK replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, I will assist.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 15 days ago.

As there is a safeguarding issue and there is a non molestation order from hun coming near your address for the time being he would not be allowed near your child but going forward if he were to make an application for contact as the parent later on he may be granted supervised contact.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok and what about his family?
Expert:  AkuaK replied 15 days ago.

His family will not be allowed contact at the moment if the order says they can’t go near you.