Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

My grandson Alfie is 6yrs old. 7 in sept, no family

Customer Question

My grandson Alfie is 6yrs old. 7 in sept, no family fallouts. Haven’t seen my Alfie for 2yrs.
JA: What steps has your grandson taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He’s 6yrs old
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your grandson live in?
Customer: Herefordshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Alfie diagnosed with autism very early.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Hi there,

Only people with parental responsibility, for example parents, step-parents or guardians can make an application for a Contact Order. Whilst grandparents rights are limited they can, however, apply for permission (leave) to apply for a Contact Order and the courts will consider the following:

• The applicant’s connection with the child.

• The nature of the application for contact.

• Whether the application might be potentially harmful to the child’s well-being in any way.

You can apply for a Contact Order through the court to gain access to your grandchildren by filling C100 application form.

They can apply online by using the below web link-

https://www.gov.uk/contact-grandchild-parents-divorce-separate

However you should try to resolve the issue amicably first by directly speaking with the parents or with the help of a family mediator , before moving to the court for contact orders.

You can approach your local council /citizen advice bureau , most of them have family mediation services.

Else you can find a local mediator using the below weblink-

https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/find-local-mediator/

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your swift reply
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

You are welcome. Have a nice day & Stay safe.