How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 23738
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

My ex is reducing the amount of time he spends with our

Customer Question

My ex is reducing the amount of time he spends with our children and he will not budge on having them more, can I take him to court to agree access to see the children. My children want to see him.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Suffolk
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It was an abusive relationship towards myself and because I ended the relationship he is saying it is all my fault that he doesn't want to spend time with the children because he would still be here if it wasn't for me
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Were you married?

how old are the children?

this is retaliation for the ending of relationship?

were Police/social services involved at all?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
we were, 15, 14 and 12, I believe it is retaliation because I have entered into a new relationship, yes police were involved but I dropped the charges due to our daughter being ill and yes social services are still involved.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 days ago.

I’m sorry to say that even the courts will not turn an unwilling parent into a willing one and if he doesn’t want have the more, there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it and the court will not get involved.  That’s quite simply because unwilling parent is not going to be the best person to look after children.

I’m sorry, I know it’s not the answer you wanted.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Kind regards